My Pitch

For my 20-Time Project, I would like to learn how to bullet journal.


Reasons
  • Organization: A bullet journal is a great way to keep track of weekly and monthly appointments, as well as to track areas such as water intake, tv viewing, and moods.
  • Creativity: While I am somewhat creative, I have a great deal of room for improvement in this area. I enjoy creative endeavors; I'm just not necessarily good at them.
  • Catharsis: I believe that bullet journaling will provide time for me to relax, and it will likely be somewhat therapeutic.

Final Product
  • Partially complete bullet journal
  • Video flip-tough or photo essay of the pages and/or process

Materials & Cost
  • Bullet journal - $5.00
  • Pens, pencils, ruler - $0
  • Stickers, washi tape - $10

Research
  • Origin: I would research how bullet journaling began, who started it, etc.
  • Set-up Options: I would research the best way to set up the journal - monthly, weekly, etc.
  • Lettering/Art: I would research different lettering methods such as calligraphy.
  • Benefits: I would research the benefits of keeping a bullet journal

Sources
  • Bullet Journaling Facebook Group(s)
  • Mentors: Lindsey Bellotti, Anna Bellotti
  • Pinterest
  • Various How-to YouTube Videos
  • Blog: The Bullet Journal Addict

Timeline
  • By Feb. 28: Research set-up and determine how I will set mine up; research origin
  • By Mar. 31 : Complete 8 pages; research and practice lettering
  • By April 30: Complete 8 more pages; research benefits
  • By mid-May: Complete 4 more pages; complete video flip-through or photo essay

Obstacles
  • Finding the time to work on it will be a challenge. I will overcome this obstacle by sticking to a weekly schedule
  • My lack of creativity is another potential obstacle: I will combat this by using resources such as Pinterest and my mentors for ideas.
  • My lack of artistic talent is another issue: I will solve this problem by simplifying any art that I incorporate, and by using stickers and washi tape as decorative items rather than hand-drawing art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting there!

Final Update!

More Progress!