Getting there!
LAST BLOG'S PLAN
First, I would like to remind you about the plan that I created in my last blog:1. Complete 4 more pages: The options of what I might complete include two vacation countdown pages, two spring cleaning pages, two May pages, pages on books to read, shows to watch, and/or movies to watch, or wedding to-do pages.
2. Practice lettering: I plan to complete pages in the lettering book that I purchased. I also signed up for a free online lettering class. I have no idea if it's useful or not, but I will check that out and hopefully complete a few lessons.
3. Practice artwork: As I've said, I am NOT an artist. I saw a spread someone did on doodling. I plan to actively practice doodles so that, for example, my flowers don't look so horrible.
PROGRESS
1. Complete 4 more pages: I've not only completed 4 more pages, but I've finished EIGHT more! I'm so impressed with myself. I completed the following pages: a countdown to my vacation to Las Vegas, a Vegas trip highlights page, countdown to my cruise vacation, a cruise highlights page, two Spring cleaning pages, two doodle pages. This means that I've already surpassed the number of pages I wanted to complete by project's due date. Yay me! Here are some of my newly completed pages:
2. Practice lettering: Unfortunately, I didn't complete anything in the lettering book I purchased; however, I have still been practicing lettering. One of my students gave me "homework" (see below). It was actually really good practice for me - the lined paper really helped. I still don't think I could create this look on my own. I can do faux calligraphy pretty well but not with the unbalanced top and bottom. I also started working on the faux calligraphy course that I signed up for. It's called "Faux Real Calligraphy." Ha! GET IT?! So far I've watched the introductory video and the video on the basic strokes. I think it's going to be very helpful!
3. Practice artwork: In order to track my doodling practice, I created a double-page-spread called A Doodle a Day. Each day (ok, not really. It's more like every couple of days), I choose something to attempt to draw. I'm going for very simplistic doodles; in some cases these are drawings that I might use on other bullet journal pages. I then Google the object to find a tutorial on how to draw it. I have to say that I haven't done as poorly as I expected! You have to understand that I have always been HORRIBLE at drawing - at any kind of art actually. This is always been a struggle for me. What I've found is that when I go step-by-step I can do it. Granted, my drawings are merely doodles and very simple, but this is HUGE progress for me. Feel free to comment below with anything you think I should attempt to doodle!
My homework thanks to Lilly!
One of my practice pages - not bad if I do say so myself.
NEW PLAN
I'm on the home stretch! Here's what I plan to do over the next two weeks:
1. Complete 4 more pages: The options of what I might complete include two April memory pages, two May pages, pages on books to read, shows to watch, and/or movies to watch, wedding to-do pages, and Username/Password pages.
2. Continue to practice lettering: I plan to work on the free online lettering class. I would like to get through at least half of the lowercase alphabet.
3. Continue to practice artwork: I would like to complete at least 6 more squares on my Doodle a Day page.
So far, I'm proud of the progress I've made. It doesn't feel like work; I really enjoy it!
So far, I'm proud of the progress I've made. It doesn't feel like work; I really enjoy it!





Mrs. Saylor,
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your blog. The doodling part especially stuck out to me because I myself love to draw. The doodles are coming along great and I think you should stick with it! I noticed you said you have watched an introduction and basic strokes video over calligraphy. I am very curious, what have you learned and improved on from the help of these videos? Overall this was a great blog and I loved reading abt it. I am very interested in what you have learned from the calligraphy and can’t wait for your next blog!