More Progress!




LAST BLOG'S PLAN

In my last blog post, I shared the following plan with you:
1. I would like to continue to focus on lettering, more specifically faux calligraphy. I really like how it
looks, and I think it could really enhance my bullet journaling pages. I plan to watch multiple videos,
print and complete practice pages, and incorporate it into my journal.
2. I intend to research the benefits of bullet journaling. I've come across some information about this,
but I haven't made a focused effort to research it.
3. Finally, I plan to complete at least 4 new bullet journal pages. My daughter is getting married in June of 2020, so I will complete 2 bullet journal pages on wedding planning. My plan is to use a wedding checklist to track what we need to do 12 months out, 11 months out, etc. For the next two pages, I will complete my April calendar. Instead of the wedding pages, I might do countdown pages for my summer vacations.
PROGRESS

1. LETTERING: I worked on lettering quite a bit. I watched several videos, including this video on numbers, this one on "bouncy lettering", and this one on steps to improve lettering. Below is a picture of my lettering for my April calendar. Not horrible, but there is a lot of room for improvement.


I also purchased a book to help me practice lettering:


2. RESEARCHING BENEFITS: I researched the benefits of bullet journaling a little bit. I read an article titled "Why You Should Learn How To Bullet Journal," which you can find here: https://www.civilized.life/articles/bullet-journaling-benefit/. Without a doubt, organization is the most significant benefit. 

3. COMPLETING 4 PAGES: I completed 4 more bullet journal pages, just not the ones I expected to complete. Since my daughter isn't getting married for over a year, I decided that one could wait, although I did print out several resources to help me create this spread when the time comes. I also didn't work on countdown pages. 

I did, however, create my April spread, which you can see below. I had fun creating these two pages. I decided not to do the tracker because I didn't keep up with that in March. Instead I found a quote that related to my spread concept. I'm no artist - even my simple flowers aren't very good and some elements are uneven, but it was still fun. I think it ended up too "busy," but overall I like it pretty well. Both of my mentors freaked out about the "er" in flower being abnormally large and going over the line.

   

In addition to my April calendar, I complete two pages entitled "March Memories." This is a bit "scrapbooky," but I like the idea of including pictures of what I did that month. I also got really creative and created 2 QR codes - one audio memory and one video memory (not pictured because I added it later). I don't really like the page itself - it's very sloppy. The lines are HORRIBLE. I did it at school instead of using my normal workspace and utensils. I do like the concept, though, and I plan to do it each month. My mentors loved this page (probably because they're on it!). I'll probably go back to this page at some point and try to make it look better somehow. 



NEW PLAN

Over the next couple of weeks, I plan to do the following:

1. Complete 4 more pages: The options of what I might complete include two vacation countdown pages, two spring cleaning pages, two May pages, pages on books to read, shows to watch, and/or movies to watch, or wedding to-do pages.
2. Practice lettering: I plan to complete pages in the lettering book that I purchased. I also signed up for a free online lettering class. I have no idea if it's useful or not, but I will check that out and hopefully complete a few lessons.
3. Practice artwork: As I've said, I am NOT an artist. I saw a spread someone did on doodling. I plan to actively practice doodles so that, for example, my flowers don't look so horrible.

All in all, I'm making good progress. I enjoy bullet journaling quite a bit, and hopefully I'll continue to make progress!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting there!

Final Update!